Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor fusion mac crashes trying to open saved files

59 REPLIES 59
SOLVED
Message 1 of 60
tbabcock123
5276 Views, 59 Replies

inventor fusion mac crashes trying to open saved files

RAM: 16 GB ram

either double clicking the file or calling it from the 'recent files' panel will cause the 'rainbow wheel of death' and the application crashes - makes the application useless.

59 REPLIES 59
Message 41 of 60
schneik-adsk
in reply to: SallyYang

We belive the problem is related to using trim is a sketch. We have an update pending with Apple. We will post as soon as we are notified that it is available.

Kevin Schneider
Message 42 of 60
Sferril
in reply to: schneik-adsk

That sounds like a correct diagnosis. I've had no trouble since, and I've just made simpler files which have been fine. Thanks, Scott Scott Ferril Rent The Sky Films 952.937.0192 RentTheSky.com
Message 43 of 60
schneik-adsk
in reply to: cbrinke1

We have a fix submitted to Apple. The issue is trim in sketch.

Thanks for helping the community with your tip while we figured this out.

Feel free to send us you thoughts on how Opensccad and fusion compare and any ideas on how we can make Fusion better.

Kevin Schneider
Message 44 of 60
schneik-adsk

Apple App Store is updated with a "dot" release that fixes the file corruption issue.

Older files may not open but if you post here we can try some internal tools to recover data. We apologize for the trouble.

Kevin Schneider
Message 45 of 60

Thanks, the updated version works fine and I was able to open and edit my previously saved model file.

Message 46 of 60
bentwookie

Wow! So much better! 

Message 47 of 60
paul_sanchez
in reply to: tbabcock123

Just updated to version 1.1. Fusion crashed and now it's impossible to open file generated after the update. Older files (created with version 1.0) can still be opened.

running on a Macbook pro retina 15".   - OSX 10.8.2

script:

Launch fusion

create a new drawing

save the file

close fusion

REopen fusion

open the file saved previously:

Some of the objects are missing/not displayed (bodies, etc ) but appear listed in the browser

After a short while the app crashes.

None of this happens if I open and save a file generated with older version of fusion.

Looks like there is file corruption problem when saving/closing newly generated file.

Plus I noticed this version tends to crash quite often randomly and is far less stable than previous version.

I know this software is free but if it could be fixed that would be great. Lost several hours of work today.

Would like to revert to previous version.. can the 2012 version be made available for download ?

Thanks

Paul

Message 48 of 60
paul_sanchez

Hi kevin,

Issue dowsn't like it is fixed (at least for me) unfortunately, please check my previous post for details.

Fusion 1.1 still fails and crashed when reopening newly created files (after update to 1.1)

Thank You,

Paul

Message 49 of 60
vrudnikov

Message 50 of 60
k-mario
in reply to: vrudnikov

Similar Issue here Smiley Sad

Worked on a file when Inventor crashed saving.

When I now open the file, the bodies do not show up. 

I click on the light bulb of the components - nothing happens.

I unfold the components to see its bodies. 

The light bulb next to the bodies is on.

When I click on this light ball I get the spinning beach ball of death...

😕

Could you please try to recover that file Autodesk-Team?

Message 51 of 60
thiagokunz

Hi. I'm using Inventor Fusion I just instaled form the Mac App Store. Well, I had the same problem everyone here. I'm sending the corrupted file. I've spent some hours in it. I'll be very happy if you can fix it. Thanks in advance.

Kunz.

Message 52 of 60
eddyogi
in reply to: k-mario

@k-mario wrote:

Similar Issue here Smiley Sad

Worked on a file when Inventor crashed saving.

When I now open the file, the bodies do not show up. 

I click on the light bulb of the components - nothing happens.

I unfold the components to see its bodies. 

The light bulb next to the bodies is on.

When I click on this light ball I get the spinning beach ball of death...

😕

Could you please try to recover that file Autodesk-Team?

I have the same exact problem with k-mario.  I'm running mountain lion on macbook pro.

Message 53 of 60
Dr_Creator

Leave it guys and gals. This app is not worth your nerves. It's free and it's useless. No working copy/paste function, crashes on simple things, making a saved file corrupted, incompetent support, and I don't know what else since I'm not keen  to find out anymore.

Autodesk, you have lost your good reputation, at least in my eyes.

No more of inventor fusion. I'm dissapointed but luckily there are plenty of cad software for mac out there that actually do work.

Message 54 of 60
Sferril
in reply to: Dr_Creator

> Leave it guys and gals. This app is not worth your nerves. It's free and it's useless. No working copy/paste function, crashes on simple things, making a saved file corrupted, incompetend support, and I don't know what else since I'm not keen to find out anymore.
>
> Autodesk, you have lost your good reputation, at least in my eyes.
>
> No more of inventor fusion. I'm dissapointed but luckily there are plenty of cad software for mac out there that actually do work.
>

That?s a stupid message. There may be some bugs, but most have been worked out. The program does such an incredible job and it?s free. I?ve made so many extremely useful parts with it, and as I said, simple. If you want something better, pay for it.

This poster has lost his reputation, at least in my eyes.
Scott
Message 55 of 60
Dr_Creator
in reply to: Sferril

That is your opinion. I have my own as well.
I need a software that works, with basic functions like copy/paste, be it free or paid version, that does not hang up on every third operation I make.
There are still huge bugs. I?m glad it works for you.

P.S. Maybe it is a surprise for you but i can think for myself, so I don?t need your advices that brings nothing.

Please, don?t contact me anymore since I?m not interested to read your crappy muttering.

Bye.
Message 56 of 60
ju
Observer

Hi,

Can you please try to recover a corrupted Inventor Fusion file? Unfortunately it´s 6Mb so I cannot attach it.

I have put so much work into this drawing that the thought of doing it all over again, makes me depressed.

Thanks

Jacob

Macbook Air with Yosemite ver 10.10

Message 57 of 60
k-mario
in reply to: ju

Hey Ju 🙂

I know the simplest things are sometimes the things we touch last.

Have you got a Time Machine active?
If you have a MacBook Air I guess you might have a TimeCapsule.
If so, look in the Backup history for the last usable file and you’re fine 🙂

If not you should consider buying one either ways, I even got similar problems with Adobe Illustrator or InDesign.

Once the file is corrupt there are poor possibilities to restore them.

A backup always comes in handy here.

I know I sound like a backup nerd, but believe me I'm not.

I dropped my 3TB WD drive recently from half a meter (1,6 ft) and it stopped working.

The data recovery center told be that it might cost 3000 € which would be nearly 4000 USD.

So now I say: Better have a Backup of the Backup.

I pray to god that it is a minor issue though...

Hard drives suck!

Message 58 of 60
ju
Observer
in reply to: k-mario

Hi,
As a matter of fact I have a Airport Time Capsule.
I will look in the back history.
Thanks for the advice.
Regards
Jacob Ursing
Message 59 of 60
thiagokunz
in reply to: ju

Hi Ju,

I've found that if you find the body that makes your file crash ( you can detect this through disabling the visibility of this body, it will crash), you can re-open the file and delete that body, and draw it again.

And also export it in .stl .step or .sat for another software to finish the job (like rhino or blender).

I think it is a good practice to draw a lot o bodies rather than joining them into a single body. And a lot of times, drawing intersectional curves tend to cause crashes.

It's a real shame for Autodesk this inconsistent behavior of Inventor Fusion for Mac. The interface is awsomely intuitive. It's sad that they haven't done corrections and revisions to this software yet.

Enviada do meu iPhone
Message 60 of 60
david.body

Hello,

Mine can be open but is corrupted.

Just a few appear and when I clic to "light on" an objet, it crashed

Could you have a look of the file liked ?

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report