Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Fusion 2013 R1 Not Launching...

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
isgellma
9727 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor Fusion 2013 R1 Not Launching...

Good evening everyone. I recently installed quite a few Autodesk products, but came to an issue with Inventor Fusion 2013 R1. I installed it from CFD, and the installation was successful, but whenever I try to launch Fusion, it fails to open the program.. I'm having the same problem with Inventor View 2014. And also, whenever I try to launch Simulation Mechanical 2014, I receive the following message:

"You are attempting to run a version of Autodesk Simulation other than the one last registered on this sytem (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation 2013\AlgFrame.exe).

Would you like to try to register this version now?"

Upon which I'm greeted with numberous attempts to make registry changes, ultimately resulting in an error:

"Unexpected error; quitting"

"The registration attempt was not successful. You may not have premission to register applications on this system. If you still would like to register this version of FEMPRO, use the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel and select the 'repair' option.

It should be noted that I am also running Windows 8.1 64-bit, if that helps.

Any assistance would be great! ^_^

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
henderh
in reply to: isgellma

Hi isgellma,

I'm pretty sure that there are very few (if any) Autodesk products that are supported for use with Windows 8.1 yet.

That said, before installation did your user account have administrative privileges and did you have any anti-virus programs disabled?

From the error message, it sounds like your account doesn't have the administrative privileges needed to modify the registry.

Hope this helps...

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 14
maria.shtil
in reply to: henderh

I have the same issue. I used Inventor Fusion R-1 before upgrating to Windows 8.1. Now it doesn't start. I have administrator right and try everythings. Inventor Fusion needs to fix.

Message 4 of 14
isgellma

Yeah Inventor Fusion 2013 R1 needs to be fixed. So far that's my only issue on 8.1. I managed to get everything else working, except for Fusion 2013 R1. Also having an issue launching Inventor View 2014, that was bundled with Inventor 2014 Pro, but that's for a different fourm posting 😄

Any suggestions? 

Message 5 of 14
isgellma

Oh yeah, henderh, I managed to fix that error by removing Multiphysics 2013 and reinstalling Simulation 2014. Had no idea they conficted. Thanks!

Message 6 of 14
henderh

Hi isgellma,

Many thanks for the follow-up and additional info!  I'll forward the Win 8.1 issue to the Inventor Fusion folks in case it's not known yet.

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 7 of 14
tkole16

Isgellma, any progress with getting inventor fusion R1 to launch in Win 8.1?

Message 8 of 14
isgellma
in reply to: tkole16

Still no luck with fusion, I'm afraid. Hopefully a patch will be released soon *fingers crossed*

Message 9 of 14
jdhaik

Has anyone heard anything about a fix for Inventor Fusion (AutoDesk Fusion 360) in Win 8.1?

Message 10 of 14
miroll

I refresh question ... !!! ??? Fusion 2013 in windows 8.1... ???

Message 11 of 14
Fredalone

My new computer have an graphic card Nvidia Quadro K2000D, and its Windows 8.1 ...

My Autodesk Inventor Fusion 2012 and Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 is not working...

Please, send some fixes...

😉

Message 12 of 14
forbitel

Hi, I have been using Inventor Fusion 2013 R1 for a while on windows 7 without any problems. I recentlr upgraded my computer to Windows 8.1 and installed fusion on it. the installation went smooth but the program will not open.

Is there any update, service pack, hotfix etc to make it load on windows 8.1?

Thanks.

Message 13 of 14
louis.evard
in reply to: forbitel

Hello. I have also been using Inventor Fusion 2013 R1, fantastic utility for familiarising myself with the Autodesk line of software.

However it seems I made the mistake to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and now it Fusion will no longer start up.

In addition when I was able to use Fusion (pre-installing windows 8.1) I found that i was unable to open any files that were created in UG version 8.0 or above.

Will there be any hot fixes to correc the above issues.

THanks

Message 14 of 14
fprico

Exeptional utility but it is discontinued also there will not be more support for this product. Sad that they retired such an amazing tool... any one could give a kudo if you want

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Product-Design-Suite-IdeaStation/I-want-Inventor-Fusion-to-come-back/i...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report