Inventor Fusion

kevin.hendrich
Message 1 of 1 (495 Views)

Inventor Fusion 2013 File Error

495 Views, 0 Replies
02-28-2013 08:08 AM

Hi;

I've been trolling the forum boards looking for help, but I think I may have a unique issue. 

For background: my company recently made the switch to Windows 7, and have yet to give us a satisfactory method of viewing .stp files. Our vendors use .stp to send tooling information, so we need the ability to get dimensions from the files, so STP Viewer is inadequate.. I had Inventor Fusion 2013 pushed to my machine for the task, but I cannot open the files. 

I'm attempting to open a .stp file in Inventor Fusion 2013, and keep on getting an annoying error (.png attached), text of which is below:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Assertion failed!

Program: ... 

File: STEPComponentDefinition.cpp

Line: 490

Expression: shaperep != MDA_NULL_PTR

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

[Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]

Pressing any button causes the program to close. 

How do I overcome this? I've tried several fixes from other threads to no avail, so any advice would be welcome and helpful. 

Details:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64

Never successfully opened any .stp file using IF2013. 

I also have AutoCAD 2010 installed if that is any help. 

File is 136MB

Note: I originally posted this in another forum, but I've moved it to a more appropriate location. 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.