Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Fusion 2013 File Error

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kevin.hendrich
830 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor Fusion 2013 File Error

Hi;

I've been trolling the forum boards looking for help, but I think I may have a unique issue. 

For background: my company recently made the switch to Windows 7, and have yet to give us a satisfactory method of viewing .stp files. Our vendors use .stp to send tooling information, so we need the ability to get dimensions from the files, so STP Viewer is inadequate.. I had Inventor Fusion 2013 pushed to my machine for the task, but I cannot open the files. 

I'm attempting to open a .stp file in Inventor Fusion 2013, and keep on getting an annoying error (.png attached), text of which is below:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Assertion failed!

Program: ... 

File: STEPComponentDefinition.cpp

Line: 490

Expression: shaperep != MDA_NULL_PTR

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

[Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]

Pressing any button causes the program to close. 

How do I overcome this? I've tried several fixes from other threads to no avail, so any advice would be welcome and helpful. 

Details:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64

Never successfully opened any .stp file using IF2013. 

I also have AutoCAD 2010 installed if that is any help. 

File is 136MB

Note: I originally posted this in another forum, but I've moved it to a more appropriate location. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report