Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nbjones
1350 Views, 6 Replies

Installation Issue

I'm having an issue when I try to install the Inventor_Fusion_TP2_English file. All of the .dll files, etc. seem to install as expected, but as soon as the setup utility starts, I get an error that says "Failed to upgrade MSI runtime. Please reboot the machine." (see attached.) Tried rebooting, reinstalling, and got the same error. Tried re-downloading, re-extracting, and then reinstalling, and still got the same error.

From what I've read, I thought that the MSI file was related to the Change Manager. But I didn't try to install that file because I'm running Inventor 2008, not 2010, so the installer shouldn't be trying to find it. If it's something else, any suggestions on how I can work around it to get Fusion installed? Thanks for your help!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Huan.Yu_Autodesk
in reply to: nbjones

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this.Could you please let me know your detailed system info,such OS with latest service pack,Autodesk products with latest service pack installed,etc.

BTW,what happended if you install the change manager?I mean double clicking the Fusionchangemanager******.msi file in the installation package?

Thanks,

-Huan
(Inventor Fusion QA)
Message 3 of 7
nbjones

Thanks for looking into it.

I'm running Inventor 2008 SP3 Build 342, with Windows XP Pro SP3, on 3.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM.

Tried installing the Change Manager, and I just get a message saying that I don't have Inventor 2010 and it won't install.

BTW, I have not asked my IT guy yet if there are any restrictions on installing this type of file. I can install *.exe files just fine, but he may have something preventing *.msi files from being installed. I should be able to ask him later this week.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 7
Huan.Yu_Autodesk

Hello,

Thanks for these information.
I tried it myself with Inventor 2008 SP3 installed on XP and didn't see any error. I would suggest you to install latest Windows Update from Microsoft website and reboot your machine.Then have a try again.
Also,could you please let me know the msi version of your machine?Try below:
1) Start->Run...
2) Input cmd and click OK
3) Input msiexec and press enter key
Please attach a screenshot of the pop-up dialog like the one I attached.Thanks.

-Huan
Message 5 of 7
nbjones

Checked for updates.... looks like I'm all up to date.

The msi version information is attached
Message 6 of 7
Huan.Yu_Autodesk

Hello,

It looks your MSI version is a little old.Could you please download and install v4.5 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

You need this one: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe

After that,please have a try again.

Thanks,

-Huan
Message 7 of 7
courtneyhadden

My system is an ASUS 64 bit operating system. My teacher helped me to get a free version of the autocad 2010 so that i could use it for class the only problem im having is that i never got a registration code to register it online and i ran out of free trial time. My teacher had explained to me that this version he set up for me was suppose to be 150 day trail set up so that i could use it for the length of my class time. i hope you can help me my email address used to register is okcowgirl9mm@yahoo.com please contact me as soon as possible so that i can catch up.

Thank you very much
courtney hadden.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report