Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing STP files into Inventor Fusion

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
zjerla
3926 Views, 4 Replies

Importing STP files into Inventor Fusion

I am trying to import a 46MB STP file into Inventor Fusion and the file is not opening correctly. When Inventor Fusion opens the STP file I see only one part of the assembly. Inventor Fusion immediately creates an Error Log file that is 583KB. The goal is to open the STP File convert it to a DWG and create section views. I can open smaller 1079KB STP files abd can convert them to DWG's. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: zjerla

Hi,

Thanks for posting! Can you post the STP file and/or the error log so our development team can have a look?

Thanks!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
zjerla
in reply to: Phil.E

Phil,

I have attached the  error log. Let me know if you settle on any conclusions. Cheers,

Message 4 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: zjerla

Thanks for posting the log.

It's hard to tell from the log what's going on. If you can post the original file here or email to me at phil dot eichmiller at autodesk dot com, that would help.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
zjerla
in reply to: Phil.E

Fusion 360 solved the problem. Thus far I am able to open all the .STP files. Fusion 360 is a great program and is doing the job.

Thanks for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report