Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Files into Inventor Fusion

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Auxiliary
4776 Views, 10 Replies

Importing Files into Inventor Fusion

I just received Inventor Fusion with my Inventor 2012 Suite.  I am new to Fusion.  I have read about it but have never used it before.  I am able to draw in Fusion and I have opened step files.  When I try to open a solidworks 2011 part file (.sldprt), the software acts like it has opened the file but there is nothing there (it is not a sheet metal part).  I read through some help files and have not found anything special to do when opening these files.  What do I need to do to be able to open these files?  Does it have to do with the version of the files?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
udayag
in reply to: Auxiliary

Could you please send the file(s) to udaya.gunasena@autodesk.com to take a look?

Did you try opening them in Inventor 2012?

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 3 of 11
Auxiliary
in reply to: udayag

Inventor 2012 would not open the files.  It gave an error on the Autodesk Inventor Translation Report.  I have attached the files that I am trying to open.

Message 4 of 11

It does relate to the file version, your file version is Solidwork 2011,  Fusion 2012 and Inventor 2012 don't support opening this version of sldprt, it supports version up to Solidwork 2010.

If you have Solidwork installed, Would you please try to use Solidwork to save it to IGES/STEP, then open with Fusion or Inventor.

-Angie Li
Autodesk
Message 5 of 11
vutsis
in reply to: Auxiliary

I am trying to import SolidWorks 2010 files.  Inventor 2012 will see the preview of the model, but after it imports the file there is nothing on the screen.   Any help will be greatly apreciated.  The import traslation report shows a succesfull translation; however, individual parts are not found.

Message 6 of 11

Hi, vutsis,

Many thanks for reporting the issue. Do you import the files to Inventor Fusion 2012?  if yes, and there is nothing on the screen, It did have something wrong. Here, to better reproduce your issues, could you please attach your file? or you can send it to me: Chunping.chen@autodesk.com. Thus we will have a try. and give you feedback.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Chen
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: vutsis

@vutsis wrote:

Any help will be greatly apreciated. 

Attach the original file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
pleonor
in reply to: JDMather

good evening,

I have the same problem that the person before. I receive an .STEP format from a customer (I think that it comes from CATIA v5), but when I open it with Iventor Fusion 2012, it reconize the menu, but there is nothing on screen.

I tryed also with the same document in IGES, but after a while trying to open, inventor gives me an error message and can not open it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Message 9 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: pleonor

Can you attach the fle here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
vidjeane
in reply to: JDMather

Me too have the same problem.

Fusion selection dialog box selects the part, but nothing on the screen.

is there any solution?

part attached.

Vidjeane.M
Message 11 of 11

Fusion selection dialog box selects the part, but nothing on the screen.

is there any solution?

part attached.

Vidjeane.M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report