Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I found a bug or a flaw in the program design.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mailswamp
708 Views, 8 Replies

I found a bug or a flaw in the program design.

This is where I almost didnt notice that the line did not snap to the corect verteces of the hexagons.

BUG1 - Obvious BUG points mismatch.jpg

This is what it resulted before I revolved this feature on itself at 90 degrees.

BUG1 - Obvious BUG points mismatch 2 _ proof.jpg
BUG1 - Why isnt this a flat surface if all planes snapped to the right points.png 

(no extrimist symbology here, just a proof that the revolved parts were misalligned after what appeared to be a successeful design where all points snapped to the corners of planes/ geometry)

Thank you for your time.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi mailswamp

Thanks your question.

I think it's a good finding. Could you please attached the file?

Thanks

-Cathy Wang

Autodesk, Inc

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9

Here is the file.

The problem of Inventor Fusion is that it deosnt allow to snap things to points located on other plains or surfaces.

There is also a problem that I cannot just add lines and somehow tell the program to fill the surfaces.

Google Sketchup did allow this but there were other issues because surfaces were generated automatically and sometimes they werent generated at all.

Message 4 of 9
mailswamp
in reply to: mailswamp

You should consider combining Autodesk Inventor Fusion with some Brain COmputer Interface technology like PLX, Emotiv or NeuroSky.  This would be a real revolution.

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Thanks your reply. Your suggestion are very good.

About the problem you mentioned can be solved by project the points on the sketch plane, then you can snap to the point. You may think it can be projected automatically. The good side is it can snap the point easily. The bad side it may be effect performance.

Anyway, we will consider your suggestion in future release.

Thanks again

-Cathy Wang

Autodesk, Inc

(Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question)

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 9

I think that it is counterintuitive to project points onto a plane if those points are what the plane was referenced to.

Message 7 of 9

Hi,

You are right.

Theoretically, there are some kind of points. Such as Construct points, they are live in 3D coordinate system. Such as 2D Sketch points,they are live in sketch plane and they are in 2D Coordinate system. One sketch point is live in only one sketch. It means one sketch point cannot live in two or many sketchs. That's why you feel "it is counterintuitive to project points onto a plane if those points are what the plane was referenced to".

We will think about your suggestion in future, your idea is good.

Thanks

Cathy

Autodesk, Inc

(Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question)

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 9

Most of 3D technical drawing/modeling editors have this problem. Maybe Inventor Fusion may be the first one to not have it.

I have a lot of suggestions for this product.

Is this the only way to propose new features/ ideas to Autodesk?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=18216839

I was also thinking about this:

Autodesk Inventor Fusion is an expirimental program. Were there any attempts to incorporate Brain Computer Interface into the software inputs? It may be unrealistic but it seems to be the second large evolutionary step after AutoCAD text commands. Maybe not all of the input can be done this way but incorporating alternative input devices such as EEG, EMG and drawing boards seems to open a new big oppotunity for Autodesk.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 9

Thank you very much for your comment!

If you want to share more with us, please email to: labsDOTivDOTfusion@autodeskDOTcom.

Thanks,

Macro Liu

Inventor Fusion QA Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report