Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would I go about making this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Fooslay
626 Views, 8 Replies

How would I go about making this?

Hello I am a sophomore at my highschool and am new to this program. My Autoshop teacher asked me to make this part but I cannot bend a cylinder, and do not know how to make this part. I have attached a photo of the part.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello,

Many thanks for reporting it. Here, according to your model picture, I recorded a video about how to create a blend circle. Could you give a mail then I can send to you? It is a little big, so I can’t upload here. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Chen
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Fooslay

Can you use Inventor rather than Inventor Fusion?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
JohnHolder
in reply to: JDMather

or just autocad.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 5 of 9
schneik-adsk
in reply to: JohnHolder

all;

This is the Inventor Fusion forum. We should assume the user is looking for help in learning Inventor Fusion.  "Use another tool," is not the most helpfull of suggestions.

-Kevin Schneider

Autodesk, inc.

Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 9
schneik-adsk

Please let us know where we can post the video on techniques to create this design.

-Kevin Schneider

Autodesk, inc.

Kevin Schneider
Message 7 of 9
arrongarcia5270

you could sweep the circle around the path and make the body pretty easy.  then revolve another smaller cirle around the one end for the swage join the parts.  The flange should just be another thin cylinder drawn on the end.

Message 8 of 9

Kinda like this..

Message 9 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: schneik-adsk

@schneik-adsk wrote:

all;

This is the Inventor Fusion forum. We should assume the user is looking for help in learning Inventor Fusion.  "Use another tool," is not the most helpfull of suggestions.

-Kevin Schneider

Autodesk, inc.

Actually - it is much easier to teach a beginner how to do a feature like this in a history-based tool like Inventor as you they can examine the history of how you create something similar or you can examine the history of what they have done and make suggestions that help them get to the end goal.

Remember back in school how you were told to "show all of your work" when learning mathematics?

Students can get Autodesk Inventor Professional for free from http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report