Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure distance? inventor fusion for mac

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
T_money
6430 Views, 7 Replies

How to measure distance? inventor fusion for mac

I'm using Inventor fusion for the Mac and would like to know is there a way to measure the distance between two points an edge anything?   

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

'Measure' isn't supported in this version, while we plan to have it in future releases.

BTW, a possible workaround is to create 'Sketch' on the plane that contains the edge you want to measure, and then use Sketch Dimension to get the exact distance.

Thanks,

Macro Liu

Inventor Fusion QA Team

Message 3 of 8
AMERGEN
in reply to: T_money

I really like the program. I am trying to find a real CAD sofware for MAC since months. We even bought UG-NX, which is really disaster on MAC.

Measurement is one of the most important thing, Autodesk should be as quick as possible to add this function.

Also as company, we are really ready to pay for a native MAC CAD software, which is competible with UG, Cimatron or Solidworks

Message 4 of 8
digital_dreamer
in reply to: AMERGEN

I agree with the above. I really like this software, bugs and inconsistencies and all.

But, it really needs to be brought up to date.

The measure feature is badly needed. Currently you have to use the sketch to do any measurements. That means, after moving a body/component, you'll need to update the sketch as well, to get an accurate measurement.

MAJ

Message 5 of 8

Thank you for your feedback. We'll be adding this feature in the near future!

Thanks,

Macro Liu

Message 6 of 8

Does the term "near future" imply any news within the next few weeks or are we talking months here? It is maybe too early for a public roadmap, but a sketchy roadmap would do. Something along the line: next update to Fusion for Mac  early Spring 2013, more features summer 2013, expect version 1.0 fall to winter 2013.

Message 7 of 8

We plan on a new release for this April.

Kevin Schneider
Message 8 of 8
AMERGEN
in reply to: schneik-adsk

This is good news.

I hope you will add Measurement functions including projected area of the body to a defined plane, which is very important for tool makers.

Draft angle analysis would be also very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report