Inventor Fusion

Inventor Fusion

nf_able
Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)

How to anchor a body to protect from selection. (Mac)

138 Views, 3 Replies
05-07-2012 12:02 PM

Cannot figure this out, manual shows that I should be able to 'ground' body to lock in some way, but having something continue to highlight when I cursor over it is distracting when I desire it to just be a 'guide' as a wall while I build components next to it.

Thanks for any,

nf

Board Manager
schneik
Message 2 of 4 (134 Views)

Re: How to anchor a body to protect from selection. (Mac)

05-07-2012 03:00 PM in reply to: nf_able

What you describe we would call "Reference data." You can see it but not worry about it highlighting or selecting.

It is not currently in the version you are using but the team is working o it for a future update.

Thanks for the suggestion. It is nice validation of things the team is already working on.

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

Contributor
frankwu
Message 3 of 4 (127 Views)

05-08-2012 09:44 AM in reply to: schneik

Kevin - what would be nice is if there was a LOCK button the way you can LOCK a LAYER in Photoshop.  Once it's locked, you can't select, move, scale, etc. a body. 

nf - Another thing that might be helpful (or might not be) is that you can't accidentally select or change a body which is turned off (e.g., not visible, and the lightbulb next to the body name is white).  (Of course, if it's not visible you can't use it as a reference, but maybe you can make a temporary reference, like a rectangle you can later delete to mark a plane?)

Also, Kevin, maybe my eyesight is bad but I have a hard time distinguishing between the yellow lightbulb (indicating a body is visible) versus the white lightbulb (body is not visible).  Suggestion: Maybe making the white lightbulb light gray? 

Board Manager
schneik
Message 4 of 4 (105 Views)

05-20-2012 04:22 PM in reply to: frankwu

Great suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to write them up.

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.