Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to anchor a body to protect from selection. (Mac)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nf_able
416 Views, 3 Replies

How to anchor a body to protect from selection. (Mac)

Cannot figure this out, manual shows that I should be able to 'ground' body to lock in some way, but having something continue to highlight when I cursor over it is distracting when I desire it to just be a 'guide' as a wall while I build components next to it.

Thanks for any,

nf

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: nf_able

What you describe we would call "Reference data." You can see it but not worry about it highlighting or selecting.

It is not currently in the version you are using but the team is working o it for a future update.

Thanks for the suggestion. It is nice validation of things the team is already working on.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 4
frankwu
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Kevin - what would be nice is if there was a LOCK button the way you can LOCK a LAYER in Photoshop.  Once it's locked, you can't select, move, scale, etc. a body. 

nf - Another thing that might be helpful (or might not be) is that you can't accidentally select or change a body which is turned off (e.g., not visible, and the lightbulb next to the body name is white).  (Of course, if it's not visible you can't use it as a reference, but maybe you can make a temporary reference, like a rectangle you can later delete to mark a plane?)

Also, Kevin, maybe my eyesight is bad but I have a hard time distinguishing between the yellow lightbulb (indicating a body is visible) versus the white lightbulb (body is not visible).  Suggestion: Maybe making the white lightbulb light gray? 

Message 4 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: frankwu

Great suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to write them up.

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report