Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Look What I Made in Inventor Fusion

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
frankwu
1647 Views, 1 Reply

Hey Look What I Made in Inventor Fusion

Is this place just for tech problems or also a gallery?  If there's a separate gallery somewhere, I apologize.  

But... here's my spaceship I made for a book cover I am illustrating.

I made the lines by making a lot of very long skinny RECTANGLES, and then EXTRUDING (under SOLID, set to CUT) through the ship.  This let me cut it into approx. 3300 bodies, so I could individually MOVE, CHAMFER or FILLET them - to create angles that will catch the artificial lighting.)  

To create the main guns, I built cylinders by extruding concentric circles.  And then, selecting each individual cylinder, I EXTRUDED (again, under SOLID, set to CUT) rings from another set of concentric circles.  Elsewhere, I created more rectangles, rotated them with MOVE, and then extruded them through other cylinders.

The final product will probably be just a screen cap from Inventor Fusion that I will work up in Photoshop to create the final book cover.  We tried importing it into Maya to see how many polygons it is, but it took overnight to export.  It's probably, like, I dunno, ten billion polygons.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
schneik-adsk
in reply to: frankwu

Nice! post a picture to our facbook page too.

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report