Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion to Inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mies07
789 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion to Inventor

Inventor/Fusion 2012, Win7 Pro 64 bit.

Can someone please tell me how I can open a part I modeled in Fusion, from scratch, in Inventor? When in Fusion, after I finish modeling, I perform a Save, and it saves it as a dwg file. When I try to open this in Inventor using the Open Fusion DWG  from the Application Open dropdown I get the following message:

Non-Fusion.jpg

Open Fusion.jpg

If I use the Open dialog and select  "Autodesk Inventor Fusion Files (*.dwg)"  from the file types dropdown menu, or use Import DWG it opens, and I can use the Import DWG/DXF wizard to convert to .ipt, but then I can't use the Change Manager to convert holes, fillets, etc. to Inventor features. What am I doing wrong? (I am closing Fusion before attempting to open in Inventor)

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
udayag
in reply to: mies07

As you discovered Change Manager was designed to adopt _changes_ made via Fusion to an Inventor model. It was not designed as a tool for Feature Recognition of dumb solid bodies.

It is possible that the following workaround may work with simple models, however. Create an Inventor part with a "small" extrusion outside of the "normal working space". Open this part in Fusion. You would see the body recognized as an extrusion feature. Do not delete it, to make the process simpler. Do your modeling in Fusion and save the part as a dwg. Open it in Inventor and the Change Manager should kick in. Apply the treatments, possibly using "Apply All". After existing Change Manager delete the original extrusion feature. 

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report