Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion crashing...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
justin_princesstoolco
638 Views, 6 Replies

Fusion crashing...

I've installed Fusion on my work desktop. It's a HP xw4400 workstation, x32 XP, 2GB RAM, AI 2009 installed. Everytime I select a sketching tool in Fusion, it crashes then prompts for error reporting. Any ideas?

I've installed Fusion on my home desktop. It's a homebuilt workstation, x64 Windows Vista, 8GB RAM, AI 2009 & SW 2009 installed. No issues.

Lastly, I've installed Fustion on a laptop. HP workstation, x32 Windows 7, 2GB RAM, SW 2009 installed. Again, no issues.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Justin,

Did you happen to file the error report from your work desktop? If so, we can look into the problem you are experiencing, and maybe find out more about what is causing it.

Do you happen to know the details of the graphics card and driver on your work desktop? Most likely, this sounds like a problem related to graphics.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 7

I did file the report, I believe for two seperate incidents.

Graphics card: 2x nvidia Quattro FX560 (Four LCDs)

I just generated another error and associated report. I'll copy the text of the details here, if it'll help you search to find the specific report:

Attempted to use sketch tool. Posted issue @ Fusion forum.

ATTN: Jeff Strater

I listed my personal email (my first name at princess tool company) on the report as well.

Thanks.
Message 4 of 7

I neglected to include video card driver version data: 6.14.11.8246
Message 5 of 7

Thanks, Justin. Unfortunately, we can't promise a quick fix, but having this information helps a lot, and we'll do our best.

I do have one additional question:

When you start the sketch tool, do you see the origin workplanes appear at all before the crash, or does it go down instantly?

If you just go into the browser and make the origin visible (see attached), does that crash as well?

Thanks,

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 7

No problem if you can't solve this immediately.

On your questions:

I do not see the origin workplanes appear before it crashes.

If I make the origin visible, it crashes.
Message 7 of 7

Helllo,

I too am having the same problem....the software launches...then I soon as I pick a sketch tool it crashes. 3 tries.

What now ...please chime in Autodesk staffers ???

Cha

OK, was able to extrude a cube with some fillets.....feels like SpaceClaim....GoodStuff !!!

CONGRATS AUTODESK.....AND KEEP AT IT

ooops ....now it crashed....as I resized the window

Edited by: chachaman on Jul 1, 2009 6:38 PM Edited by: chachaman on Jul 1, 2009 6:43 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report