Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion crashing when opening .ipt file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
990 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion crashing when opening .ipt file

Hi all,

First off, just want to say this community is awesome and love the forums! Also, I'm a university student so all my software copies are 2014 or whatever is the latest offered to students. 

I'm making an aerofoil rib in Inventor and now I'm trying to open it in fusion so I can assemble a wing skeleton. When I try to open the .ipt file in Fusion (2013 R1), it begins to load after I press the "open" button in the file select pop-up window, but then Fusion completely crashes about two seconds after that. 

Some details from the error report:

"Unhandled exception"

<ErrorDescription AllowRT="1" CrashID="{E999FF54-A776-423C-ABD5-5F69C03C113D}" CrashDate="16/02/2014" id="5"/>

<upi_error>Error loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2013\UPI\upiconfig.xml</upi_error>

<upi_error>Error loading C:\Program Files\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2014\UPI\upiconfig.xml</upi_error>

I tried making a simpler part in Inventor Pro 2014 (a cube), but it causes the same issue. However, the sample file fusion comes with opens up just fine. I didn't have this issue with Fusion last yeay, and suggestions? Actually, it looks like it's having trouble accessing some run files, should I jsut reinstall it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have all its service packs installed?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report