Inventor Fusion

Valued Contributor
DRudaz
Message 1 of 5 (840 Views)

Feature Recognition

840 Views, 4 Replies
04-23-2010 05:41 AM
Hi,

In the past we have Inventor-FeatureRecognition. With this tool we could reconstruct a 3D body functions.
Now you can do with Inventor Fusion. But when one turns on Inventor functions do not follow. Is it possible to find these features in Inventor?

Regards

Dominique
m.cavallerin
Message 2 of 5 (567 Views)

Re: Feature Recognition

03-12-2011 01:03 AM in reply to: DRudaz

Hi,

i have the same problem for recognizing feature on Fusion environment, can anybody explain how to do this?

thanks a lot.

Mike

Board Manager
schneik
Message 3 of 5 (515 Views)

03-23-2011 09:58 AM in reply to: m.cavallerin

Inventor Fusion does not have history like Inventor. Inventor Fusion's feature recognition tools simply find geometry that matches common mechanical shapes. Some features that it finds, can be edited in a smart way. Patterns and holes are two examples.

Because there is no history Feature Recognition in Inventor Fusion does not need to construc sketchs or partent to child relationships. This is why when you transfer to Inventor you do not see the features, Inventor is a histroy based design tool and needs sketch geometry and relationships for its features. 

Inventor Fusion is intended to make editing of non-native data fast and easy. It is intended to serve as a companion to your main cad tool so that you can make changes without having to reconstuct the model by hand or with the feature recognition tools in Inventor.

Please tell me more about what you are trying to do, and we can help with ideas on how you might go about getting them done.

-Kevin Schneider

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

RALI
Message 4 of 5 (304 Views)

11-14-2011 09:44 AM in reply to: schneik

on a similar note....

I have a solidworks model, which I want to recognise features of, and then take it back into inventor with the recognised features. But when I return to inventor the part hasnt changed at all.

not being able to save the part as an .ipt is annoying.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 5 of 5 (288 Views)

11-19-2011 07:24 AM in reply to: RALI

Are you opening the file in Inventor or Inventor Fusion?

Are you entering the Fusion environment from Inventor?
I don't understand the statement, "when I take it back into Inventor it hasn't changed at all".

Are you familiar with Inventor "Change Manager"?

Can you attach the file here?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.