Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Recognition

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DRudaz
1215 Views, 4 Replies

Feature Recognition

Hi,

In the past we have Inventor-FeatureRecognition. With this tool we could reconstruct a 3D body functions.
Now you can do with Inventor Fusion. But when one turns on Inventor functions do not follow. Is it possible to find these features in Inventor?

Regards

Dominique
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
m.cavallerin
in reply to: DRudaz

Hi,

i have the same problem for recognizing feature on Fusion environment, can anybody explain how to do this?

thanks a lot.

Mike

Message 3 of 5
schneik-adsk
in reply to: m.cavallerin

Inventor Fusion does not have history like Inventor. Inventor Fusion's feature recognition tools simply find geometry that matches common mechanical shapes. Some features that it finds, can be edited in a smart way. Patterns and holes are two examples.

Because there is no history Feature Recognition in Inventor Fusion does not need to construc sketchs or partent to child relationships. This is why when you transfer to Inventor you do not see the features, Inventor is a histroy based design tool and needs sketch geometry and relationships for its features. 

Inventor Fusion is intended to make editing of non-native data fast and easy. It is intended to serve as a companion to your main cad tool so that you can make changes without having to reconstuct the model by hand or with the feature recognition tools in Inventor.

Please tell me more about what you are trying to do, and we can help with ideas on how you might go about getting them done.

-Kevin Schneider

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 5
RALI
in reply to: schneik-adsk

on a similar note....

I have a solidworks model, which I want to recognise features of, and then take it back into inventor with the recognised features. But when I return to inventor the part hasnt changed at all.

not being able to save the part as an .ipt is annoying.

Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: RALI

Are you opening the file in Inventor or Inventor Fusion?

Are you entering the Fusion environment from Inventor?
I don't understand the statement, "when I take it back into Inventor it hasn't changed at all".

Are you familiar with Inventor "Change Manager"?

Can you attach the file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report