Inventor Fusion

ToddRathier
Message 1 of 4 (447 Views)

Extrude to face

447 Views, 3 Replies
06-25-2009 07:25 AM
I can only assume that features will be added. The first I would like to see is an option to extrude to face.
Board Manager
Jon.Balgley
Message 2 of 4 (447 Views)

Re: Extrude to face

06-25-2009 02:05 PM in reply to: ToddRathier
Note that you can "snap to" a target face. While the yellow extrude manipulator is showing hover the mouse over a candidate "to" face. If it is a valid "to" face, it will say "Select to snap".

--Jon Balgley (Autodesk)

Jon Balgley
Autodesk Configurator 360 / Inventor ETO team
Autodesk, Inc.

Employee
jeff.strater
Message 3 of 4 (447 Views)

06-25-2009 03:12 PM in reply to: ToddRathier
Hi Todd,

Fusion supports feature creation (note, this does not include full feature regeneration, as Fusion is history-free). The steps to Extrude to a face are:

1. start the Extrude command
2. select the profile to extrude. This will display the gadgets for dragging the profile, distance entry field, etc
3. move the mouse over the face to Extrude to. A prompt will display that reads "select to snap"
4. click this face, the Extrude will snap to this face

See attached picture.

Thanks,

Jeff Strater (Fusion SW developer)
ToddRathier
Message 4 of 4 (447 Views)

06-26-2009 04:28 PM in reply to: ToddRathier
Ah! Got to get out of my old school ways! Thank you!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.