Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to stp. format

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Bogdan_Yevchuk
4221 Views, 4 Replies

Export to stp. format

Good day!

Here is my problem:

-I exported in Inventor 2012 file ipt. to stp.

-Open stp. file in Inventor Fusion 2012 to check and unhappy for me, there were some additions that wher not in ipt. file. (Please see attech).

If I deleted "Unstitched" and trying to save as - stp - I get empty file. If I save as dwg., I get file that I need. But I need this file in stp. format.

Hope for suggestions and help. Thanks

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013
Windows 7 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
udayag
in reply to: Bogdan_Yevchuk

What exactly is your objective? If you wanted to edit an Inventor file in Fusion and output a step file, why not read the Inventor file into Fusion, do the edits and then save the file as a step file?

Anyway, it's not correct if you get an empty file on save after deleting the unstiched surface. Could you please send me the file (the ipt file (preferably), or the step output from Inventor)? udaya.gunasena at autodesk.com

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 3 of 5
Bogdan_Yevchuk
in reply to: udayag

Hi  Udaya!

Thank you very much for your respond to my question.

My main objective is to create from shrinkwraped inventors file (ipt.), a stp. file, so we can send it to our customers. Looks easy - I just open already shrinkwraped file in Inventor 2012 and Exported it to stp. file. But then I just want to check already exported stp. file. So I open it in Inventor 2012 (and it looks great, you can see it from snapshot), but when I open the same stp. file in Inventor Fusion 2012 it shows me additional surfase (Unstitched).  😞

The other problem that I have, is that when I open shrinkwraped inventors file (ipt.) in Inventor Fusion 2012 and try to save as stp. file, I also get an empty file but with weight 1 620 kb so it means thet it consit somethink but I cant see that (I checked visibility - no doubt) 😞
The same hapen when I delete Unstiched surface in stp. file and save as.

I sent to your email with originals shrinkwraped file (ipt.) and exported (stp.) file.

Thank you for your time.

Windows 7 64-bit
Message 4 of 5
udayag
in reply to: Bogdan_Yevchuk

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for sharing your files.

I checked your model with the in-development version of Fusion (which would be released as Fusion 2013), and this issue has been resolved (i.e., the model is read in as a proper solid).

So, it seems that there is an issue with the Fusion 2012 import of step files. Although it might be possible to heal this model using the repair tools available in Fusion 2012, I am not sure if it's worth the effort.

Could you use an iges file to share with your customers? (Iges import and export seems to work fine with this model).

Thanks.

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 5 of 5

Hi Udaya!

Thank you very much for your explanation, I realy appreciate it.

Ofcourse I can use other format of files for my customers, but honestly I have no idea what kind of software are they using. So I will just insure myself, and send to them both files type - stp. and iges.

Thanks a lot.

Windows 7 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report