Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exact placement of holes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
westers151
1636 Views, 5 Replies

Exact placement of holes

How can I exactly place holes, such as countersinks, on the face of an extruded object within Inventor?

I've watched the tutorials, however there is nothing to explain how to do this - for example, and using an X, Y axis with a known reference point, I want a hole that is 5mm along the x axis, and 104mm from the y axis.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
haughec
in reply to: westers151

Activate the hole position manipulator (click on the round, white manipulator located at the center of the hole), and then select edges from which to dimension the hole.  Dimensions should appear and allow you to edit the values.

We're working on making this more discoverable.

Hope this helps.

Charles Haughey
Fusion 360 User Experience Architect
Message 3 of 6
westers151
in reply to: haughec

Thanks Charles, and funnily enough I was scouring Google after I posted my question and came across a Youtube demo that briefly showed what you were talking about. Your explanation filled in the few remaining gaps that the video left.

Message 4 of 6
Stevekir
in reply to: westers151

Getting_Started.pdf helps here, using the Ring Mamipulator, on its p 7 (or p 13 when in Acrobat /reader).

Message 5 of 6
gary
in reply to: haughec

this doesnt work on the mac version Arrrrghh!!
Message 6 of 6
gary
in reply to: gary

just found it...... need to do it in Sketch mode, dimension it first, then you can simply amend dimensions.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report