Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing simple features in Fusion.....

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Panygeric
1079 Views, 7 Replies

Editing simple features in Fusion.....

Hi - I'm working in INVENTOR 2012. Somebody else has made an INVENTOR assembly file (.iam) I'm working with  that unfortunately(!) has got a lot of components as "SOLID BODIES" rather than the regular type of INVENTOR components I'm most accustomed to working with....

Now- most all attempts at editing result in some sort of "FORM" command that throws me into the "FUSION" environment......

...So now I'm in the FUSION environment and all I have to do is reposition a few slot/cutout features on a sheetmetal baseplate... 

...I see there's a "MOVE" command that seems pretty worthless, in fact not much of anything in the FUSION environment seems to effective.

All I have to do is reposition some cutout features on a piece of sheetmetal - that's all.

Question #2 - Is there some way to convert the "solid/body" components in the original main assembly (back?) into regular inventor entities that can be worked with or redesigned???? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Panygeric

In Inventor use the Feature Recognition add-in to rebuild feature history tree.

http://labs.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Panygeric
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks, JD - Just in passing........"add-in"....this means something that is NOT initially included in the Inventor software suite??

If it is.....How?where can it be accessed?? 

In the meantime I'll bounce over to the Inventor environment and do some looking.......Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
Panygeric

OK - I did find it & downloaded from the link you provided - Hope it works....

Message 5 of 8
Panygeric
in reply to: JDMather

OK I've downloaded and installed(?) the FeatureRecognitionEnablerX64

...Now where(?) exactly will this capability appear when I open the INVENTOR environment??

...and in what form?? - As a new menu or button?? - I'm not currently finding it....

Message 6 of 8
Panygeric

The FeatureRecognition.dll file now resides in my Inventor 2012 bin folder but does not associate w/ the INVENTOR environment...

That is...when I bring-up the TOOLS/OPTIONS/+ADD-INS screen, "Feature Recognition" does not appear on the list.

Right clicking on the .dll files in explorer does not show anything about "blocking/unblocking" the file  - everything looks ok....

So - HOW(?) do I associate this add-on to where INVENTOR 2012 recognizes it??

Message 7 of 8
Panygeric

....and MANUAL REGISTRATION to "regsvr32FeatureRecognition.dll" does the trick!!Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
JDMather

Open a file and right click the Base solid node in the browser.

Do you get an option to Recognize Features?

(BTW - I always use in manual mode rather than automatic and only recognize those features that I actually need to change.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report