Inventor Fusion

JWPepper
Message 1 of 3 (264 Views)
Accepted Solution

Copying/arraying items

264 Views, 2 Replies
06-28-2012 07:55 AM

If anyone can assist in telling me the correct procedure in copying/arraying the nozzle stiffners (90 deg's) on the attached screen shot I would be most grateful - I can only create new sketches at the correct plane/position and re-sketch the geometry each time (labourious) there most be a way to copy rotate solids? the other method I tried was creating a rough outline for the stiff then press pull to correct thickness & use assemble to position flush........but nothing I do will making the floating plate shown on the screen shot move using assemble

Try selecting the 5 faces of the rib/stiffener and using radial array?

Or,

delete the current rib and recreate it as a separate body. Then array the body and then boolean it into the main form.

Board Manager
schneik
Message 2 of 3 (252 Views)

Re: Copying/arraying items

06-28-2012 10:08 PM in reply to: JWPepper

Try selecting the 5 faces of the rib/stiffener and using radial array?

Or,

delete the current rib and recreate it as a separate body. Then array the body and then boolean it into the main form.

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

JWPepper
Message 3 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: Copying/arraying items

06-29-2012 12:36 AM in reply to: schneik

Thanks, the first method I cannot select all the faces - namely the ones merged into the body only the outer faces

second works, I created new solid and in Boolean made new component which I never saw before.

Cheers

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.