Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center of a cylinder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kurt_steinke
501 Views, 2 Replies

Center of a cylinder

How can I position, or find the dimension to, the center of a cylindrical object? The only constraint that pops up with the assemble command is tangency. Trying to remember the radius and add it to the offset seems like a kludge.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Phil.E
in reply to: kurt_steinke

Can you send a screen shot and/or data set?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
kurt_steinke
in reply to: kurt_steinke

I figured it out. The "Align" option references the center of a cylinder relative to a plane (I don't know whether it works relative to a line or edge, though).

It would be REALLY nice if I could print a comprehensive manual. I can read MUCH faster than the videos can load, and that's IF I can guess the right name (or icon) of the function I'm trying to perform.

I think I've figured out how to place a hole and have it stay on the part. The problem occurs when the dimension to an edge is less than a whole unit (e.g. .5 in). When I type the decimal point, the location of the hole snaps to the edge (offset of 0), and then, more often than not, when I type the following digit, the hole moves that far OUTSIDE the part regardless of whether I input a leading minus sign. The "workaround" is to type the first digit very quickly after the decimal point, before the hole snaps to the edge of the part. Thanks,Kurt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report