Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Update Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
michaelburz
787 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot Update Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac

I recieved an update notice from the App Store. When I click on "update", the responce is:

"You can not update this software since you have not owned the major version of this software."

What does this mean and how do I go about getting the update?

Thnaks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: michaelburz

Are you able to run Fusion now?

Another solution to get the update: If you aren't using a dual boot OS, you could delete the existing Fusion and download the update.

(please mark as "accept as solution" if this answers your question)

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
mburz
in reply to: michaelburz

I cannot delete Fusion (for Mac OSX 10.8) and reinstall per the suggestion as the App Store has me on record as downloading it. I still recieve the following error message:

"You can not update this software since you have not owned the major version of this software."

Followed by:

There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (100)

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Michael Burz

Message 4 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: mburz

I am sorry you are having trouble with the update.

Have you tried contacting Apple directly? This sounds like an issue for Apple support.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
mburz
in reply to: Phil.E

I have sent a question to Apple Support. I am awaiting a reply. Regards, ? Michael Burz President EnZinc A New Dimension in Energy www.EnZinc.com? mburz@enzinc.com 301.312.4780 The information contained within the referenced, linked, or directed email communication is intended to be a confidential communication between the original sender and recipient, and is to be treated as confidential. All works, ideas, or copy within are copyrighted by EnZinc Inc., and are not to be used in any manner other by which they were intended by EnZinc Inc. If you believe you have received this or any other email in error, please contact the sender.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums