Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot choose Axis Of Revolution for Revolve Command

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tommypants
11214 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot choose Axis Of Revolution for Revolve Command

Again, this noob is having problems doing the simplest of tasks while learning Inventor Fusion.

I am trying to learn how to use the Revolve command and after following the directions here

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Fusion/enu/2013/Help/0056-Modeling56/0083-Solid_Mo83/0089-Sket...

I am stuck at Step 3 where it says "Select the axis for the revolution. If the selected axis is not on the sketch plane, the axis is temporarily projected to the plane."

As shown from my screenshot, no matter what I do, there is no axis choice projected on the screen for me to choose so I can't complete the Revolve command.

Please see screenshot

Can someone please let me know what I am missing?

Thanks very much.
Tom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: tommypants

You have an open profile - so make sure you opt for a Surface revolution as the output.

Then select the appropriate axis from the browser (or sketch your axis line in the sketch).

Revolve.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

In this image I drew the axis in the profile sketch rather than select an origin axis.

Attach your file here if it still doesn't work.

Axis.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
tommypants

JD, you have come through for me yet again! Thank you so much!

I am amazed at how many of the times I have tried to follow the intructions on the wikiHelp pages only to find that they are often hard to understand from a newbie's perspective or either just plain wrong or leave out critical steps.

That is why I am doubly-appreciative of helpful folks like yourself.

Again, thank you, JD!

Tom

Message 5 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: tommypants

@tom wrote:

I am amazed at how many of the times I have tried to follow the intructions on the wikiHelp pages only to find ....

I couldn't find the exact instruction you were referencing???????????

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
tommypants

Hi JD. I included the link to the instructions in my original post but here it is again:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Fusion/enu/2013/Help/0056-Modeling56/0083-Solid_Mo83/0089-Sket...

There is a "sublink" called "Create a revolved surface".

It lists 6 steps to follow and step number 3 is completely wrong and that is what prevented me from accomplishing the Revolved Surface.

Your intructions were bang-on though so thank you!

Cheers,

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report