Inventor Fusion

Inventor Fusion

Contributor
sosaj64
Message 1 of 3 (214 Views)

Can someone help revive my file?

214 Views, 2 Replies
02-09-2013 12:11 PM

I dont know why but the last two times I saved and exited out Inventor Fusion, when I come back to open and continue working, my file wont open and is corrupted. I dont know whats going on, I redid the work the 1st time, dont feel like doing it over a second time. How can I load my file if its over the 1.5MB limit even zipped? Any help?

Here is a link to the file:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?146202-Help-my-file-was-corrupted-after-Save-and-Exit-not-sure...

Board Manager
schneik
Message 2 of 3 (202 Views)

Re: Can someone help revive my file?

02-10-2013 08:19 PM in reply to: sosaj64

Here is the file as STEP. Can you help describe what you were doing just prior to the coruption?

There is a also a recover command in Fusion on Windows where you can somtime recover a file that has propblems.

Kevin Schneider

13" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.10.1 in Portland, Oregon

Contributor
sosaj64
Message 3 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: Can someone help revive my file?

02-21-2013 01:41 AM in reply to: schneik

Thank You for recovering my file. I restarted this project and got some further but it happened again. This is getting kinda ridiculous. It seems to happen atleast once a week. (I have been saving individual parts seperately though) Im not sure if its something Im doing thats causing it, not sure. But Im afraid of closing Inventor, I might not see my file again lol. Would working in .STL be any better than .DWG? I see it has a step text file with it, does any of this relate to my problem? Haven't worked with .STL before.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.