Inventor Fusion

DAV_75
Message 1 of 3 (269 Views)

Blade modeling ??

269 Views, 2 Replies
01-20-2013 02:27 PM

Hi all!

I would like to (try to) design an airplane with Inv. Fusion, a lot of work ahead especially for a newbie...

Maybe I have not found how to do it properly but how can I design a prop blade using polyline section shapes of the blade, in sequence, each one in different (parallel) planes and twisted in slightly different angles? And finally generate the blade (even without a guide line)?

Is there a way to do that in Inv. Fusion? The soft don't seem to have the ability to generate complex shapes connecting parallel sections or using more complex guide lines but maybe I'm wrong...

Thks a lot!

Dave. From Belgium.

Board Manager
schneik
Message 2 of 3 (252 Views)

Re: Blade modeling ??

01-21-2013 02:32 PM in reply to: DAV_75

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

DAV_75
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: Blade modeling ??

01-22-2013 02:30 AM in reply to: schneik

Hi !

I'm on Mac OS 10.7.5 (GeForce 8600m - 256Mo).

I know this kind of feature is available in Inventor or other products like SW, Catia (way too expansive for me).

Other than this particuiar request, I hope You guys have some update(s) in pipes to correct bugs and instabilty, I will report some of those...

Dave.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.