Inventor Fusion

Inventor Fusion

PauldeGroot
Message 1 of 4 (435 Views)

AutoCAD, Inventor, Inventor Fusion, or all?

435 Views, 3 Replies
02-27-2012 05:36 PM

I have been a novice AutoCAD user on subscription for many years. Inventor Fusion came with my annual renewal to AutoCAD 2012.  I wish to easily create 3D modeling of the homes I design.  Do I have the proper software?  I read that Inventor Fusion does not really work without having Inventor because they are meant to work together.  Do I need to purchase this?

Building a 3D in AutoCAD can be done but it is soooo cumbersome.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Paul

jblinc3
Message 2 of 4 (400 Views)

Re: AutoCAD, Inventor, Inventor Fusion, or all?

03-08-2012 02:13 PM in reply to: PauldeGroot

my suggestion is try opening fusion on your computer, it does indeed work without owning inventor and can be accessed through autocad through plugins.  you could and should probably draw your floorplan in autocad, and then extrude in autocad to any random height.  select your model, open the fusion plugin and you can do all the tweaks you could want in fusion.  I work this way a lot and I am in love with fusion.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 3 of 4 (383 Views)

03-12-2012 01:07 PM in reply to: PauldeGroot

Check out Kevin Schneider's Fusion classes here http://au.autodesk.com

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
PauldeGroot
Message 4 of 4 (376 Views)

03-12-2012 06:37 PM in reply to: jblinc3

Hi JD, Sorry I have not responded sooner (I am a Rip, as in Van W!; I am not yet sure how even posts work!).  Your comment  got me going on a new way of thinking; and the symbiosis. Switch between not only work spaces, but programs, each have their function. 

Currently me biggest hang up is to easily find points to snap to; I am working on it though.

Note: everyone at Autodesk told me it couldn't be done this way and buy; please note I am a big fan,  it's a great product.

Best and thanks again,

Paul

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.