Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assembling components problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
escmojo
945 Views, 5 Replies

assembling components problem

Hello,

First Off I am new to this and just learning how to use Inventor Fusion on a MAC.  I have been able to create some bodies and components but when I try to assemble the components it will not allow me to join them together (or specify an origin) where I need it.  I have created a cylinder and some fin components (think rocket or arrow).  When I try and attach the fins to the cylinder the only join origins I can select from are on the bottom/top face or middle of the cylinder.  Trying to understand  what I am doing wrong.   Thank you in advance!

esc

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SallyYang
in reply to: escmojo

The assembly only works on components level, so you need to create components from bodies first, then doing the assemble works.

To create component from bodies, you can find the command from the right click menu of browser nodes.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
escmojo
in reply to: SallyYang

Thank you for the response.  I am working at the component level.  Take a look at the below example the only options when placing the joint on the cylinder is the center of the cylinder.  Based upon what I am doing it will not allow me to place the fin on the surface of the cylinder.  Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

esc

Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 8.25.33 AM.jpg

Message 4 of 6
escmojo

Just to be really clear I am trying to get the edge of the fin that the red arrow is pointing too....to join flush with the side of the cylinder....where the green arrow is pointing too.  When I edited the gif it got messed up but I think it still gets the point across.  Thanks in advance.

Scott

screenshot5.jpg

Message 5 of 6
Mike.Zhang

The Fusion build you are using is not supporting the accurate assembly, we will add the function in next build.

Maybe you can use some work around to solove the problem you meet now.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Regards,

Mike.Zhang
SQA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
escmojo
in reply to: Mike.Zhang

Thank you.  This worked.

Question though what other producs does Autodesk have for Mac that are maybe more fully featured for doing this kind of thing?  Also that doesn't crash as much.  Would this be "autodesk inventor"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report