Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are shop drawings and cut lists in Fusion?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
david.woychek
1805 Views, 2 Replies

Are shop drawings and cut lists in Fusion?

Hi Everyone,

I've tried searching the forums and didn't see anything, hopefully I'm not repeating a previous question.

I've been using Inventor Fusion as a solid modeler to prototype wood shop projects. Everything from big book shelves and cabinets to small furniture pieces and trinkets. It's a beautiful modeling tool to show ideas to clients. I haven't been able to figure out how to translate those 3D models into 2D shop schematics or cut lists. Or even exploded diagrams.

Can anyone offer some thoughts out how to do that from Fusion?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

We are working on shop drawings and hope to have a solution for you by mid-year. If you have a moment I am sure other would love to see the work you are doing. How about posting a picture?

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 3
Guanavia
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Can't wait for a shop drawing feature, fusion is an easy to use and great modeler, but having it automatically take a project and split it up into a dimensioned shop drawing and cut list would be awesome!

I've attached an image export of the bookshelf. It's nothing really involved or intricate, I'm using fusion primarily for wood-shop prototypes, so there's not really a lot of mechanical interplay. It's just a nice, simple oak bookshelf I'm building for a client. I'd have attached a flyover, but I dont' think fusion exports those. So... here ya have it:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report