Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D model doesn't work anymore

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mwittendorp
1022 Views, 7 Replies

3D model doesn't work anymore

Hello,

I work for two weeks now with inventor fusion and it's very easy in use and easy to learn. But i'm now working on a bigger complex model and I could not open my model anymore after that I saved it. I keep getting the error: unexpected error.

Another question can I determine the weight of a model when I've chosen the material?

Please help me 

Thank you

Martijn

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Martijn

Thanks your question, I will take a look ASAP.

Cathy

Autodesk, Inc

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8

Hi Martijn,

I think it's a bug which is about Cannot open the attached file. We will take a look. I attached another new file which is similar to your file, you can use it to continue your work. Hope it can help you.

Anther question about the weight of a model. You can add Physical Material to change the density and it can change the weight.

Thanks

Cathy

Autodesk, Inc

(Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question)

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 8

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for you're quick response. I'll hope you find a solution for the problem. What I did is I downloaded the file but i couldn't open it in AutoCAD Fusion I get the message:

Failed to load file C:\.........\Nettenrek 3D.dwg   The file is currently in use or is read-only.

In AutoCAD 2012 I get the message:

The drawing file could not be opened because it was created with a more recent version of AutoCAD.

And about the weight of the model, I know how to change the Physical Material but how do I find the weight in kg or the volume of the model?

Message 5 of 8

Hi Martijn,

I'm sorry. It's created by NFusion 2013. AutoCAD 2012 cannot open it. I attached a new step file. You can try to open it using Fusion on your side,(I'm not sure, are you using Fusion 2012?).

About the weight, you can check the property of the Body/Component, following the steps on the pic.

Thanks

Cathy

Autodesk, Inc

(Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question)

.Property.png

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 8

Hello Cathy,

Thanks again for you're quick reply. I found the button the determine the weight 😄 thanks. But I cannot open the *.stp file with fusion. My colleague could open the first version (that is in the first post) with AutoCAD 2013 but could not save it in a file name that would open it with Fusion, maybe this could help to fix the problem. I still don't know what it is :(. 

We try to use Fusion for the first 3D drawing at this company and I earliar did work with inventor solidworks hicad and unigraphics but I find more and more out that this software isn't for professional use within company's like mine. Maybe you could explain if Fusion is made for this or that it has furture plans to become a fully 3D drawing program.

Martijn

Message 7 of 8

Hi Martijn,

Thanks for you to use Fusion. Fusion is new product, so there is some limitation in Fusion 2012. We have new release on lab. You can try it.  They are Fusion2013 for Windows OS and Fusion TP1 for Mac OS.

http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/fusion/downloadform

Yeah, I believe Fusion will be a professional 3D product. Smiley Happy

PS, please try the attached sat format on your side, hope it can help you,

Thanks

Cathy

Autodesk. Inc.

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8

Hi Cathy,

This one works in fusion 2012 thank you.

I hope it will be a fully 3D product and can keep up with solidworks and inventor but for now i think it is more useful for people how want to try 3D designing. And not for companies how need professional drawings and need that the program works. 

Martijn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report