Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D to 3D Tools in Inventor 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
yffffonz
1572 Views, 3 Replies

2D to 3D Tools in Inventor 2011

Did not know where to post this question as I posted it in the Inventor Discussion Groups and the mod there said to post it in the labs section.

I am trying to determine if the 2D to 3D Tool Add-in is compatible with Inventor 2011, or if maybe the functionality has been incorporated into 2011. I see references to versions 11, 2008, 2009 & 2010 in the text for the add-in but no mention of 2011.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
scott.sheppard
in reply to: yffffonz

I am glad you are enjoying the free technology preview whose purpose is an avenue for providing us with feedback on 2d to 3d functionality. An update of this preview is in the works so the team can continue to get input on cases where it works, does not work, and can be improved. Unfortunately I am not sure as to what the exact date is when it will appear on the Autodesk Labs site. I will definitely blog about it (http://labs.autodesk.com) when I post the new version to the site.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
yffffonz

Scott.. This question was not in regard to the Inventor Fusion Technology Preview, sorry for the confusion.

This question is about the 2D to 3D Tools Inventor Add-in in the manufacturing section of the Autodesk Labs site. I could not find anywhere to post a question about it in the Autodesk Labs Discussion listings so I posted it here in the hopes that someone would find it and respond. I have also tried using the mailto: feedback, but I have never received a response to the question.

We are considering an upgrade to the Inventor 2011 Suite platform and I was trying to determine if the 2D to 3D Tools Add-in would function under Inventor 2011 (not the Fusion Preview). I see references on the 2D to 3D Tools page for Inventor 11, 2008, 2009 & 2010..as well as mention of Inventor LT 2010 but no mention of Inventor 2011. Maybe you know the answer or possibly where I could post to get the answer if this is not the correct place. I previously posted this question in the Inventor Discussion group and the only response I received was to post the question in the Autodesk Labs section.

Thanks again and sorry for any confusion regarding the Fusion Technology Preview.

John F

Message 4 of 4
scott.sheppard

No confusion. In my reply I was talking about the 2D to 3D tool on Labs. I know people on the Inventor team are discussing it, but I am not sure when it will be available.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report