Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Plane is no longer exported 2024.2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chrisw01a
129 Views, 3 Replies

Work Plane is no longer exported 2024.2

Is this a bug or a setting issue? I've been having it happen since 2024.2.

A work plane is imported from a derived part. Later the parent part is updated and then the child part blows up because the plane is "no longer exported"

no longer exported.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: chrisw01a

Hi! I suspect the change in export status of the workplane in the source part may not have been saved. Open the source part -> Manage -> Export Objects -> check if the source workplane is "exported."

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
chrisw01a
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Open the source part -> Manage -> Export Objects -> check if the source workplane is "exported."

Many thanks!

I had done this when it happened and it was in fact Not exported. However, I did save the parent file previously several times so I don't know why it wouldn't have saved it. Also, this has happened a few times in other projects. 

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: chrisw01a

Hi! The source file may not have been checked out. I suggest you change the following options.

Tools -> App Options -> Save -> set "Prompt tp Save" for "User Edit", "Implicit Update", and "Manual Update" to "Yes" -> set their "Default Condition" to "Save."

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report