Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When inserting/importing DWG files into Inventor nothing shows up.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
9733 Views, 23 Replies

When inserting/importing DWG files into Inventor nothing shows up.

Hi Everyone,

I am using Inventor Pro 2014 on Windows 8.1 and when I insert or import a DWG file from AutoCAD into Inventor to extrude it into a solid, nothing shows up. Apparently a wizard is supposed to pop up but when I try it nothing at all happens. I have tried reinstalling it but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this issue? I think importing a DWG into a 2D sketch is a fairly basic thing to do but I'm baffled that it isn't working. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have SP1 already installed.

Thanks,

Myles

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

hi I have the same problem described avobe, i'm using Inventor 2017 product desing suite on a PC Intel core i5, 8gb Ram. operative system is Windows 7 proffesional

I tried the first option using CMD but it does not work anyway.

before using this version I used Inventor 2014 and 2015 and this was works very well, but in Inventor 2017 I never had success

thanks you very much for your help

I believe there a 2 different issues with that functionality in Inventor 2017..

One is that a separate dialog box comes up behind the Inventor window complaining about some "log file" and most users simply don't notice it because it comes up behind Inventor.. I simply use ALT +Tab on my keyboard to cycle through the open windows/programs a few seconds after I try to insert an acad file into a sketch and just ok that error message and Inventor will continue on and import properly..

There is also another issue where it will work but you don't have the ability to select any "layers" to import.. This is problem 2 and is caused by the "behind the scenes" program that Autodesk uses in Inventor for this functionality (DWG True View) is supposedly not working properly in 2017.. They have said that a fix is coming "ASAP".. (whatever that means).. 

I think you can still copy/paste from Autocad into Inventor..

You might also try uninstalling DWG True View 2017 and reinstalling it.. (That somehow worked for me)

I'm not sure if either of those address your issue as your post was lacking sufficient details about the problem.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous

Hi I'm sorry I forget something important:

when i close the Inventor process using Task manager of windows 

the next message appear:

DWG TrueView

Unable to create logfile for this drawing; maximum number reached.

Please delete some log files from this directory.

Here are the picture of the message

Thanks you very much for your help!

inventor 2017.PNG

Message 23 of 24
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi I'm sorry I forget something important:

when i close the Inventor process using Task manager of windows 

the next message appear:

DWG TrueView

Unable to create logfile for this drawing; maximum number reached.

Please delete some log files from this directory.

Here are the picture of the message

Thanks you very much for your help!

inventor 2017.PNG

Ok.. So you have problem #1 from my post above..

You simply need to "aceptar" that dialog and the import process should continue properly.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 24 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank you very much!!!

It's so simple!!!

Yes mi problem was that don't notice the dialog box until close the process

Thank you very much for yor help

regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report