Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual spline curvature behavior

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Justin_DeSilva
203 Views, 2 Replies

Unusual spline curvature behavior

While working with splines I noticed some unusual behavior when re-opening files with spline geometry. Unless all points are fixed, the spline curvature appears distorted until I tug on the spline or spline point and at that moment the spline curvature corrects istelf. Or, I can activate a sketch constraint or other feature and the curvature will again correct itself. Can someone expalin what's happening, and what I can do to avoid this?

#1 Spline curvature prior to saving and closing file

capture-01.jpg

#2 Spline curvature after opening file

capture-01.jpg

#3 Spline curvature after activating and de-activating dimension

capture-04.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Just by looking at the images, I personally do not think the behavior is right (unless there are undocumented steps contributing to the behavior). Please attach the file here or send it to me (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to understand the behavior better.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3

Hi! I cannot say I have anything meaningful to share. It does seem to be related to the Spline Fit method. It looks like you are using R2012. I tried the same workflow in R2014 and R2015 but the spline does not seem to react to any change in Spline Fit method.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report