Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Fill dissapears when zoomming

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
JamieVJohnson2
650 Views, 12 Replies

Solid Fill dissapears when zoomming

Has anybody noticed the IDW environment making solid fill patterns disappear when zooming in and out?  Its a random trigger, but pretty easy to repeat, using the scroll wheel zoom in and out real fast.  Once they disappear, I can't get them to redraw without closing the document and reloading it.  In addition, I've noticed it has no effect on printed or exported output, making it a purely graphics driver annoyance.

We have 3 confirmed pcs, all running windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (multiple builds in play).  Each PC is an HP Z440 with 6core Xeon, 32db ram and NVidia K5200 (8gb), running OS and Programs on 250GB SSD and data on 2TB HD.  Mine is fully updated with all graphics drivers, chipset drivers, bios, and windows builds and updates.  All are running the latest Inventor Pro 2017 updates.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
Other OS Description  Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name 2UA60509CR
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Z440 Workstation
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU F1M52UT#ABA
Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard M60 v02.23, 7/22/2016
SMBIOS Version 2.8

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 08/26/2016 15:38:01
System name: 2UA60509CR

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, 64-bit
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor:  Quadro K5200
Driver version:  369.09
Direct3D API version: 12
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores:  2304
Core clock:  666 MHz
Memory data rate: 6008 MHz
Memory interface: 256-bit
Memory bandwidth: 192.26 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 24529 MB
Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 16337 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.80.63.00.07
IRQ:   Not used
Bus:   PCI Express x16 Gen3
Error Correction Code (ECC): Off
Device Id:  10DE 103C 1095103C
Part Number:  2081 0502

[Components]

nvui.dll  8.17.13.6909  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdsync.exe  8.17.13.6909  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll  8.17.13.6909  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll  8.17.13.6909  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll  8.17.13.6909  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL  8.17.13.6909  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll  8.1.1000.0  NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe  8.1.1000.0  NVIDIA Control Panel
nvWSSR.dll  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvViTvSR.dll  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA Video Server
nvLicensingS.dll  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA Licensing Server
NVSTVIEW.EXE  7.17.13.6909  NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer
NVSTTEST.EXE  7.17.13.6909  NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application
NVSTRES.DLL  7.17.13.6909  NVIDIA 3D Vision Module
nvDispSR.dll  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL  8.17.13.6909  NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA Display Server
NVCUDA.DLL  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA CUDA 8.0.0 driver
nvGameSR.dll  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll  6.14.13.6909  NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Inventor build 196, 2017 SP1 date 07/13/2016

How's that for system data?  Is there a fix for this?

jvj
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Can you post a simple example?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 13

Ok ..so I tried my pc, and my laptop ...

first video / screencast is my middle mouse button, then my space navigator ..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

on my laptop using the side view navigator

this link for my laptop ..and using the commands on the side and a different file

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 13

@JamieVJohnson2

Like @mdavis22569 I'm not able to reproduce the issue.   Does this happen on every drawing that you make with a solid hatch pattern?

In your application options/Hardware tab, what setting do you have?

Quality

Performance

Conservative

Also since you have the latest Nvidia video driver you may want to consider as a test to roll back to the driver version listed here.  But I would make a Windows restore point before that.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 13

I tried this on my home computer which is a different custom build Win 10 Pro, 4th gen i7, with a Radeon (280x) graphics, and it does NOT repeat.  So I'm thinking the issue is definitely related to the NVidia K5200 cards (even current driver version apparently). 

FYI, we always use Quality on our towers, because of all the POWER!!! we give them...  But our laptops we downgrade to performance as we see fit, because, well, their laptops!  Also the solid hatches in question are in the titleblock sketch incase that matters at all (company logos).

I'll try to dig deeper Monday.

Thanks,

jvj
Message 7 of 13

betting it's the cards too ...

Share the results if you change anything ...  I would just do it to one pc, and see how the changed work, before changing them all.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 13

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/014fd940-0879-4bda-82c2-bef1e75efacf

Got the sucker to capture on a screen cast.  Then I attempted several 'refresh' methods to make it redraw such as switch sheets, switch documents.  Attached is my idw template - titleblock file that is doing this, for diagnostics purposes only.

Thanks,

jvj
Message 9 of 13

OK ..this is a whole different ball game now... 

This is about the titleblock solid fill ...and not the new Solid fill allowed in sections in Inventor 2017, R2 .. 

Going to look at your template now 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 13

@JamieVJohnson2

Not sure what @mdavis22569 thinks but I think the issue is related to your titleblock sketch (per sketch Dr.) that has

Redundant points

Missing Constraints

Overlapping geometry

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 11 of 13

Anytime yuo turn a font into polygons (such as with Autocad's built in font exploder), you have to clean up the geometry for sure.  However, there is no way, you will EVER want to fully constrain all that, so there is definitely a reason for missing constraints.  I do make sure that regional points are all connected, Did so in AutoCAD Because Inventor hates the logo portions of sketch.  Took me quite some time to generate these paths, because solid fill does not do splines and ellipses with glee, so I had to approximate a bunch of arcs.

Next the redundant points is most likely the two colored boundaries that overlap, making sure that I have a continuous boundary for each color.

Yet none of those issues should cause any of this, because these logos have been in action for over 3 years, from Inventor 2014 till now, and this is the first version with these graphics anomalies (this prevalent).

jvj
Message 12 of 13

@Anonymous wrote:

1) ... there is no way, you will EVER want to fully constrain all that, so there is definitely a reason for missing constraints. 

2)  Next the redundant points is most likely the two colored boundaries that overlap, making sure that I have a continuous boundary for each color.

3) Yet none of those issues should cause any of this, because these logos have been in action for over 3 years, from Inventor 2014 till now, and this is the first version with these graphics anomalies (this prevalent).

Hi JamieVJohnson2,

1) Use the Fix constraint to lock it all down.

2) I didn't look at your file, but if you step through the sketch Dr, and let it remove the redundancies that it identifies, does that help?

3) If there were changes in Inventor 2017 concerning the solid fill functionality as mdavis22569 mentioned, then it seems likely that something has changed and it is this that is causing you to see this now, but not in the past.

I would look at points 1 & 2 and maybe that will provide you a workable solution.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 13 of 13

I thought I posted this earlier, but I guess the post got lost.

I tested the sketch and ran the design doctor, what it was complaining about was regarding regions that were not related to the filled areas at all.  Overlapping points, at the origin of the sketch, could not be resolved.  Overlapping lines, were an actual line, and the borders of text, which also couldn't be solved.  So the sketch doctor's recommendations were not accurate or helpful.

Even removing and regenerating the hatch/solid fill  (lets say it was a new generation of solid fill) did not have any change in the behavior.

Were still at square one.

jvj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report