Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVT Export Template

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mat_hijs
216 Views, 3 Replies

RVT Export Template

I'm looking for the location of the templates Inventor uses when exporting RVT files so I can add some parameters to them. I know the family templates are located at "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Interoperability 2023\Family Templates". I have changed these in the past and this worked perfectly. Now I'm looking to do the same for project files. I would have thought they would be at "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Interoperability 2023\Templates", but changing these has no impact on the exported file and I even moved all templates out of this folder and the export still worked so the templates used must come from somewhere else.

Does anyone have an idea where they would be located?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mat_hijs
in reply to: mat_hijs

@johnsonshiue Do you perhaps know about this or are able to find out?

Message 3 of 4
AlexKorzun
in reply to: mat_hijs

Currently, we are using template-agnostic call to .NewProjectDocument on the Revit side, with the parameter that corresponds to the Document units type in Inventor.

As a workaround, may I suggest to create the RVT first, then populate it with the proper data/geometry? The consequent Updates from the right-click menu over the "Revit Exports" node will affect only the elements that were originally translated from Inventor.

Also, we've recorded your request on Revit templates use for RFA and RVT files creation.

Thank you,

Alex Korzun
Inventor-Revit Interop / Inventor-Fusion Interop / Inventor ETO
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
mat_hijs
in reply to: AlexKorzun

That's a bummer, I will be making lots of RVT exports, not just update one. So this means I'll have to create the export, open the RVT file, add the shared parameters to it, save it and repeat this for every first time I create an RVT export? Do you have any suggestions to automate this? iLogic or Dynamo perhaps since I'm already using iLogic to create/update the export?

Also, ideally the user would be able to specify a template when exporting RVT or RFA files. And of course if this would get implemented it should also be exposed in the API.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report