Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMB View Border and Popup Menu just Flashes?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
phlyx
207 Views, 1 Reply

RMB View Border and Popup Menu just Flashes?

Have had this happen occasionally and not all the time but not sure what is going on.  I will have a drawing with a view window and normally I can put my mouse pointer near the edge of the view, RMB and select Edit View.  But occasionally I will do this and the popup menu will just flash or flicker on for a very brief moment and then disappear. I can do it as much as I want, the popup never stays.  But I can go to the view in the model tree, RMB and click Edit View and it works fine (often I have to RMB twice for the menu to pop up).  Any idea what might be causing this?  

This is a capture of it happening but for some reason my mouse pointer wasn't showing.

https://www.screencast.com/t/4tBMft9j7tHo

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: phlyx

Hi Scott,

I have seen this behavior before but I cannot reproduce it easily. Somehow some process in the background was taking the cursor focus away. Check a few things.

1) Was there another application running in the background? Maybe it was trying to send notification while you are working on Inventor drawing. Go to All Settings -> System -> Notification and actions -> turn off notifications from apps.

2) It could be Marking Menu related. In Inventor, go to View -> User Interface -> uncheck "Marking Menu."

I am wondering if either would change the behavior.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report