Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relashionships option dissappeared

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
0x3FA5
344 Views, 4 Replies

Relashionships option dissappeared

Hi,

I've recently ran into a strange issue.

Sometimes there is a need to review older parts, with many suppressed features. Unsuppressing them would create a horrible mess, so there is a need to carefully track all the related children of the suppressed feature, to delete or redefine them.

But sometimes the "Relationships..." does not appear in the RMB menu:

Relationships.png

How do I make it visible?

Thank you!

P.S.:

I am following the instructions provided by the Autodesk here

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Inve...

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sundars
in reply to: 0x3FA5

Hi @0x3FA5,

Thanks for your feedback. Currently, relationships command is not available for suppressed features. I see your POV and it makes sense and would be nice to see relationships even for suppressed features. I believe this has been the default behavior since Day 1. However, i dont see any major technical issues in enabling this command for suppressed features. One ought to be able to still view the dependencies even if the feature is suppressed. Of course, we would have to change the UI and disable editing of suppressed features but otherwise, it may not be a big issue.

I have logged a request (INVGEN-36092) and we will investigate this. Until then, i am afraid, you will have to unsuppress the feature and view relationships or perhaps write a vba script to view dependencies.

Thanks

-Shiva Sundaram

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 3 of 5
0x3FA5
in reply to: sundars

Dear Shiva,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

Please see below:

Currently, relationships command is not available for suppressed features.

Where is this fact is pointed out in the help file / official documentation? I spent quite some time trying to figure out how to show the relationships and reading through the help file.

vba script to view dependencies.

Can you please provide a link to such script? I am an engineer, not a programmer.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
sundars

Hi @0x3FA5 

I couldn't find anything on our documentation either . I had to look the code to determine this. Now, that i think of a VBA script, it could get complicated because of feature dependencies. Besides, if the part is very complex, then triaging the output from a vba script could potentially be painful as well. So far, i have not found an easy way to do this via a script.

At this point, i would say the best bet for you is to unsuppress and view the relationships - that would give you the right answer you are looking for. I will continue to look around to see if there is a way and if i find any workaround i will let you know.

Thanks

-Shiva Sundaram

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 5 of 5
Yijiang.Cai

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2023. Please review the Inventor 2023 What's New article here, for more information regarding how you may leverage the page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report