Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presentation file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
356 Views, 2 Replies

Presentation file

We recently updated from Inventor PDS 2012 to 2014 and downloaded SP2. 

I opened an idw file which is linked to  an ipn file but the drawing views were not the same as it was when it was created in the older version of inventor.

Several explosion views were created in the ipn model. The problem is, the components that is shown in the graphics window is not showing up in the browser but when I activate a different explosion view, the same component I am trying to pick from is now shown in the browser. 

Additionaly, the views were not the same as it was when the ipn was created in the 2012 version, which means I have to re-create that view which is very time consuming whe all I'm trying to do is a simple revision on the drawing.

Anybody else have this problem? If so, what was the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Wahlco designer.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post some images of the problem?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
mgeurts
in reply to: Anonymous

We have the problem when we make a new revision from an ipt,idw and ipn all at once (Inventor 2010).

All ipt on the new idw become the higher version except for the ipn which means to recreate a new view from the new ipn.This is a waste of time.

Is this working better in 2015/2016?

Inventor Professional 2021
3DS Max 2022
Win 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report