Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Cloud

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1272 Views, 6 Replies

Point Cloud

I was able to manually import point cloud into invent using attach option but, can't find a way to this programmatically using c#. Any help will be appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LishuangLu
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's the VBA code that can import point cloud data into a new part document, I suggest you refer this VBA code to create the C# code.

Hopefully this is not too late to you.

Sub test()
    Dim oPartDoc As PartDocument
    Set oPartDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Add(kPartDocumentObject, , True)

Dim oCompDef As PartComponentDefinition
    Set oCompDef = oPartDoc.ComponentDefinition

Dim oPointCloud As PointCloud
    Set oPointCloud = oCompDef.PointClouds.Add("Q:\transcripts\regression\PointCloud\FileDepot\car_house.rcp")

End Sub

Thanks,

-Lisa

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: LishuangLu

Thanks  Lisa for taking you time to answer my question.

But the problem is I have a collection of 0.1 million points (i.e x,y,z coordinates) I need to visit recap for indexing them in rcp. which I am unable to do programatically. And for the rest you have already given the code. Will it be possible for you to help me with the first part too.

thanks 

Bigzen

Message 4 of 7
LishuangLu

Hi Bigzen,

Could I know why you want to do indexing these points from recap? As I know there's no such API to support the accessing from Inventor to recap.

If I know your purpose, maybe we could find some other workarounds.

Thanks,

-Lisa

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

The points are not output of 3d scan, they are computed. So i just have the coordinates. I can't write them directly to rcp file format. So, I am trying to write them into some open file format and convert them to rcp using recap and import rcp into inventor to show the point cloud along with my solid model.. 

Thanks

Bigzen

Message 6 of 7
LishuangLu

Hi Bigzen,

I can understand a bit. But could you share one example of the data that you want to do the indexing? I suppose the indexing you mean is like something 1, 2, 3, and could you share what kinds of  style you want to generate?

Thanks,

-Lisa

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I have points for say (x1,y1,z1),(x2,y2,z2)... . I can write them to any of the open point cloud format like xyz or pcd as the format of their content is known. but I want to attach these points to inventor as point cloud. for this I need to convert pcd or xyz file to rcs or rcp using recap. And then attach it. Is there any way to script this process or directly output my points to rcs format.

Thanks

-Lisa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report