Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parts from sub assy not showing up in main assembly

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
slphantom
476 Views, 12 Replies

parts from sub assy not showing up in main assembly

this has happened to me a couple times now in Inventor 2016. I have a main assembly and I insert a large sub assy (engine almost complete and HUGE) and as shown in the pictures the block itself disappears?

in main assyin main assyin sub assy the block is a dark color.in sub assy the block is a dark color.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jtylerbc
in reply to: slphantom

You don't have any View Reps or LOD's that hide the block, do you?

Seems like it would be an odd thing to do, but have to rule out the obvious possibilities.

Message 3 of 13
slphantom
in reply to: jtylerbc

nope. been using Inventor since 2002. seems to just happen when i have very large parts. this part was step file from Creo.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 4 of 13
Yijiang.Cai

Could you check the component from browser to see the visibility? If the visibility is on, could you check it in edit-in-place environment? We would like to confirm whether it is related to visibility or design view first? And we could confirm whether it is a graphic issue later. Please check it and provide some details later.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 13
slphantom
in reply to: jtylerbc

no nothing like that. i translated it from a step file. the weird thing is that block is in a sub assembly of the engine along with the crankshaft. you can see the crankshaft and other details in that sub assy.

also i tried deleting it from the main assembly and re-inserting it and it does the same thing?? very weird.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 6 of 13
slphantom

I think it may have something to do with the assembly i am inserting it into because i just translated a newer version of the part from a step file (smaller) same thing happened. I also went down to just that part and tried inserting it and it did not show up ??

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 7 of 13
slphantom

Created a new assembly, inserted the old pallet and then the new engine and everything showed up.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 8 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior does not sound right to me. Could you make sure graphics driver is up-to-date? Next, check Tools -> Application Options -> Display -> Is it "Display Automatic Refinement" checked or not?

If it is checked, click on the "Refine Appearance" button in View panel. Does it help?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 13
kelly.young

@slphantom it sounds like you had something going on with the old assembly and the new one you created fixed everything. Are you still having this issue or did it clear up?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 10 of 13
slphantom
in reply to: kelly.young

this has happened a couple of times to me. the weird thing is that part you
can't see in the assembly shows up in the drawing.
Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 11 of 13
dgreatice

Hi,

Did you open STEP file at inventor application, what is the result? Are solid model or surface object?

I have same issue from my college, that the result are surface.

Please use the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or KUDOS button if my Idea helped you to solve the problem.

Autodesk Inventor Professional Certified 2014
Message 12 of 13
slphantom
in reply to: dgreatice

Yes, it seems the problem parts are surfaces and this was imported from a step file which was created from Creo.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 13 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi! Could you open the imported part? I guess the surfaces are in Construction Environment. The geometry is kind of like in its raw form without any associativity attached. They do not appear at assembly level. If you want to see them in assembly, you will need to open the part and "promote" the surfaces to regular Part environment.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report