Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No planes or lines display

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
454 Views, 4 Replies

No planes or lines display

I just installed inventor. When I begin a part there is no display of the planes, only the corner indicators show up when I hover over a plane. Also, when a part is created, only the edges show up when I hover over them. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Welcome to the forum.

You have to provide more and better information about your issues: screeshots, files, etc.

What Inventor version are you talking about?

To see the planes (i assume you want to see the origin planes), make them visible:

I don't know why you need to have the planes visible, you only need to select them to start a sketch, but...

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

To visualise the edges:

1.png    or 2.png

You can go to: Tools-> Application options -> Display -> Setings, and in Display style choose "Chaded with edges", and therefore your new parts will start with this definition already active.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

I also like to see the planes, for I use them. I keep parts centered, and I also prefer to mate to center planes. But I'm a solid edge guy. Just got back into inventor. Centered planes is good practice especially if your overall project will be changing as you go. Last thing you need is duct sizes changing and that throwing everything off because things were mated to the sides of things. Etc.

Message 5 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Youre totally right, but the question is, you dont have to see them to select them, you can select them directly in the browser, but ok.... isn't a crime to turn the planes visible, but i think inventor people are used to see the work area cleaner.

Btw, the answers given in the last posts responded at your questions?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report