Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more memory is available - attempt to allocate 320 bytes of memory failed

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Allen_Hart
2467 Views, 7 Replies

No more memory is available - attempt to allocate 320 bytes of memory failed

Using Inventor 2011 sheet metal unfold/refold features, I get this message after using the command on 3 or 4 parts.  Closing Inventor then re-opening will allow use on another 3 or 4 parts.  Does it on all our machines. I know I'm not out of RAM because it will happen with only one file open.  Has anyone else seen this, or have a solution to prevent it?

Dell T5500

6GB RAM

Win 7 64bit

Thanks,

Allen

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Allen_Hart

Its possible...Currently I've got one file open and am using 4.5G of RAM... Inventor still holds quite a bit of stuff in memory even after files are closed.

When it happens check Windows task manager. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
Allen_Hart
in reply to: mcgyvr

Task manager show the system using 37% of physical RAM (about 2.2GB).  Shows Inventor's peak working memory at about 650MB.  Inventor's little memory gauge in the LR corner barely shows anything being used. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Allen

Message 4 of 8
cwhetten

64-bit Inventor 2011 doesn't have a memory gauge in the bottom corner.  Are you sure you installed the 64-bit version of Inventor, and not the 32-bit version?

No Gauge.png

-cwhetten

Message 5 of 8
blair

I would open Task Manager and check for anything that might be using up resources. The other would be to do a system reboot.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 8
Allen_Hart
in reply to: cwhetten

i happened to notice the gauge only while the message box was on screen.  As soon as I closed it the gauge went away.  Definitely 64bit.

Allen

Message 7 of 8
dan_inv09

I'm trying to do a weld on two pieces and get this message.

I can confirm that the "memory meter" appears only when the message is up (I'm on 2010 64 bit).

So the big question is: what can we do now?

I'm going to try restarting Inventor and, if that doesn't work, a reboot. I'll let you know what happens.

Message 8 of 8
dan_inv09
in reply to: dan_inv09

Just a restart worked for me.

I had had a bunch of stuff open earlier in the day. But looking at the task manager, memory usage appears to have gone from 2.8G to 2.6.

As long as it's fixed ... - I'm not going to take too much time to analyze the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report