Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEST Support

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
steven.coxVCM6J
107 Views, 4 Replies

NEST Support

Hi all,

It appears Inventor Nest has little support.  However, this is what we have and I must figure out how to manage it.

I have several issue that I need to address.

1) When exporting Nests, the header info is not included.  Therefore, there is no information on material type.  This has to be added in the dxf.

2) Reports for each nest do not include material type (Steel, Aluminum, A36, etc.)

3) When creating a NEST, part file names are used.  File name mean nothing to the shop.  The shop drawing use part numbers (unique) and descriptions.  Best I can tell, this is not configurable.

4) I cannot seem to make NEST use different sheet sizes of the same material.  It looks like it chooses the largest sheet required and uses only that sheet.  I may not understand the settings but it would be nice if it chose a smaller sheet for the last one to reduce waste.

If anyone can help with any of these issues, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steven

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

HI!

@steven.coxVCM6J , you are right, I believe it would be very helpful if we had separate forums dedicated to Inventor Nesting, CAM and Nastran.

Regarding your questions... I have the same problems, and it seems that exports, reports, etc. They are all hard coded and have minimal options available.

I hope someone can share good tips on these issues.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: CCarreiras

@CCarreiras wrote:

HI!

@steven.coxVCM6J , you are right, I believe it would be very helpful if we had separate forums dedicated to Inventor Nesting, CAM and Nastran.

(...)

Something like that would be nice ( @CGBenner ) :

Gabriel_Watson_0-1699371418454.png

Message 4 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: steven.coxVCM6J

@Gabriel_Watson @steven.coxVCM6J @CCarreiras 

We have an Inventor Nastran forum, though I am not sure why it isn't listed in the Inventor category. 🤔  Might have to look into that one.  Most Inventor CAM posts seem to be found in the HSM Support forum.  As for Nesting, I think we tried a separate forum for that and it didn't get much attention?  Or, maybe I'm not remembering right....

Food for thought anyway.  Thanks guys!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 5

@Gabriel_Watson @CCarreiras :

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-support-forum/bd-p/216

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-nastran-forum/bd-p/75

Kacper Suchomski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report