Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft Free Condition Unexpected Behavior

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
aamir2PXG6R
249 Views, 7 Replies

Loft Free Condition Unexpected Behavior

I am currently redoing a part, and I am trying to perform the initial loft, but the bottom portion of the loft seems to be adding some curvature where it did not before. I would like to add direction conditions to both sketches, but when they are added, the issue of the added curvature from the free condition state persists. If anyone has any ideas why this might be, I would greatly appreciate it!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: aamir2PXG6R

Hi!

Do you have the original loft image to show us?.... we don't have a mirror ball to know what you want to achieve...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
CCarreiras

Maybe this?!

CCarreiras_0-1689280884731.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
aamir2PXG6R
in reply to: CCarreiras

This looks right, what did you do? I can't look at the part right now because I am having some license issues

Message 5 of 8
aamir2PXG6R

I attached an image of the STL file since I don't have access to the part right now, but if you look at the edge there is no intermediate inward curve that is in the current loft. And when I was making that loft initially (the one in the photo attached), the free condition form was completely straight instead of having the inward curve that the current one has.

Message 6 of 8
CCarreiras

Added a 3D sketch to use as rails. At the end, the geometry is forced to follow those rails.

CCarreiras_0-1689294954179.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
aamir2PXG6R

Ah I see, but then if you tried to use the direction conditions, it would still follow the rails no? 

Message 8 of 8
CCarreiras

The operation will try to use all the inputs you set, but... the more inputs you set, the probability of the operation failing will rise, so keep it simple. The loft and sweep tools are more complicated operations, we have to define "good" inputs to succeed.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report