Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invnetor unsaved parts recover

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
paul
28919 Views, 29 Replies

Invnetor unsaved parts recover

Inventor just crashed on me and i am wondering if i can get the drawing back that i was working on!!! I had a fully complete, when running the next command it crashed on me.... 

Any suggestions - besides saving earlier next time ;(

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
paul
in reply to: mcgyvr

I have posted the sticky note - i am 1/3 of the way towards a new part - but we still have no solution, i am not sure what it takes or how to get there, but i still stay it would be nice.... 

Message 22 of 30
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: paul

@Anonymous wrote:

but we still have no solution, i am not sure what it takes or how to get there, but i still stay it would be nice.... 

The solution is to vote as @Curtis_Waguespack pointed out.  Have you done that?

Anyhow its not going change today, tonight or tomorrow or the next month (if its going to happen at all Smiley Very Happy)

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 23 of 30
paul
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes, I did vote on them... Thanks, 

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I was an autocad user before I moved to Inventor and I loved the fact that autocad has a revision cloud available and the autosave capabilty which literally saved the drawing to a temp file that was accessible in case the program crashed.

I hope that inventor has the same capacity as that of autocad

Message 25 of 30
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

For Inventor there is no autosave - just a reminder to save..   There's reasons why it can't be done at this time

Revision cloud is available in Inventor through the SDK https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-create-revision-cloud-in-Inventor.html   But some have had issues where it crashes Inventor.  I haven't kept up on this so not sure if its been resolved or not.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 26 of 30
chance.dunn
in reply to: mcgyvr

You could always create a macro to save your work outside of the program. You will have to remember to run the macro.

Message 27 of 30

Sounds cool, but If one has to remember to run the macro, then one can as well remember to press the save button within the CAD environment, so we back to square one.....thinking out loud.🤔

I guess we just have to wait till an AUTOSAVE solution is implemented, someday.!!

Message 28 of 30

@ofonime.william wrote:

I guess we just have to wait till an AUTOSAVE solution is implemented, someday.!!

It won't solve the problem.

There are autosave addin.

It'll kick in during sketch edit, middle of a command.

Also, you may not be able to undo after save.

It won't work on new files that need user to enter filename.

If the save reminder doesn't work for you, a forced autosave will not either.

Just make it a habit saving:

After edit and exit a sketch.

Before switch to another file.

Before leaving your desk.

If losing work daily won't change a user's behavior, nothing will.

Banging your head on the wall won't make the wall disappear.

Just walk around it.

Message 29 of 30

Yea, makes sense.

Message 30 of 30
RIPBillyMays
in reply to: paul

Dam, I can't believe my company picked this software for us to use. Anyone considering the move to 3D software, pick something else besides this jank trash of a software. AT LEAST every couple days I run into a feature that autocad had, other 3d softwares have, has been requested in the inventor forums for YEARS, and nothing happens...

HAHAHA, even the autodesk forum autosaves my draft when I leave and come back to this post for a quick second. How ironic! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report