Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor ipart Factory? Please explain

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Hunteil
796 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor ipart Factory? Please explain

Hello, I've made a parametric .ipt file and successively setup all the parametric versions as needed. The table shows each type of the iPart I made. In the idw I can bring in the view of the first part and even generated a family table. But when I try to place views from other members in the iPart file, it gives me an error "A view of member cannot be created because it's factory is out of date..." (I don't have the rest of the error b/c now it's automatically generation extra files now in a folder for this for some reason....)

Anyways, (trying to keep this simple). I'm semi very rusty with Inventor lol. Can someone explain whats going on here?

I don't remember anything about a ipart factory and the only links I can find information on, just states the obvious information and not how this impacts this or that in Vault etc etc.

Reference links:

Currently from my point of view, it looks like iParts factory is actually the original mother file? and it'll generate child files when needed? I'm guessing we are still supposed to call on the original mother file when placing and just ignore the new folder? Or should people use parts from that automated folder?

Sorry for all the questions.

Model States is not a replacement for iParts / iAssemblies. It does not have all the same features yet and does not communicate well with our large currently in use libraries. 😞 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idc-p/11360616

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Hunteil

Did you generate each of the factory members?

EE LOGO.png

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr

The factory does not generate and continually update the members..

After any change to an ipart or iassembly factory

1-do a rebuild all

2-then right click on all of the members in the factory table in the model browser and select "Generate Files"

generatefiles.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! iPart factory is the file containing all the member table definitions. You either need to use Generate Files command to generate the members or you use Place Component command to spawn the member not yet existed on the disk.

One tricky thing is that if you convert a part already consumed in an assembly to an iPart factory, the part will behave a bit strange. It is like having an iPart factory within an assembly. How the iPart looks like will depend on the active row within the iPart factory. It is better to replace the iPart factory with one of the members.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
Hunteil

Good info guys on keeping it generated each time I/we edited the master part...

So what about the impacts in Vault?

example: Currently a lot of models use the old non-parametric files... So I'll have to update these links... But where do I tell the assemblies to look at? Do I point to the parent/master file or the generated files?

Model States is not a replacement for iParts / iAssemblies. It does not have all the same features yet and does not communicate well with our large currently in use libraries. 😞 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idc-p/11360616

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! How Inventor searches the files for an assembly largely depends on the Project settings (Workspace, Library folders, and Content Center folders).

When editing the iPart factory files, I would check out the factory and also the member files. This is because more than likely, the members will need to be updated and saved.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report