Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Crashes while saving dynamic simulation results

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
508 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Crashes while saving dynamic simulation results

Hi,

perhaps my fault but could not find any related post.

When I run a dynamic simulation and, at the end, I try to save the file, Inventor crashes.

This happens with whatever simulation any time the file size exceeds 1.something  GB - say for long complex simulations.

I am running Inventor 2014 SP1 Update 3 on Windows Server 2012 R2 with plenty of RAM (128 GB) and resource.

Can't post the inventor files due to confidentiality issues and can't even attach a video (mp4) created from such a simulation because not allowed here.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help

Adriano

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

You haven't established any maximum folder sizes that you are exceeding?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Thanks for the prompt reply.

No, there is no size limit for the containing folder.

We also use ANSYS and that really creates BIG files...

Plus, I have tried "Save as" to different locations without success.

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Very Odd!, thought it might be easy with a folder size restriction as you are using Win-Server. I take it you are current on all SP's and Hot-Fixes for Inventor? There is not another instance of Inventor running in the background? Just grasping as straws here on this.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Again, thanks for your support.

It's odd indeed!

However, you made very good points.

In fact I was running multiple Inventor sessions with different simulations (my FEA machine has plenty of resources...).

Therefore I did a trial on another spare machine we have in the office, running only one Inventor session (and nothing else) on the same large simulation.

The outcome  did not change at all: Inventor crashed when, at the end, I tried to save the file.

BTW, the testing machine runs on Win 7 Pro

Also, I was working on the local drive so network problems should be ruled out...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report